segunda-feira, 8 de maio de 2017

When I was working in the contryside, everybody knew where clay comes from, but now, I work in the city and... children don't have a clue. I figured that out one day when I was distributing some clay around. Suddenly one, and then two and three children exclaimed: this smells like earth!! Then the whole class was smelling the clay and saying the same thing. Astonished, I asked: Do you know where clay comes from? And they didn't know the aswer. I asked again: Why do you think it smells like earth?

Since then, my quest was to take all these children to a place where they could see how the earth becomes clay. That happened these days in Montemor-o-Novo (Portugal).

*

Quando eu estava a trabalhar no Alentejo, todos sabiam de onde vem o barro, mas agora, que estou a trabalhar na cidade... vejo que as crianças não fazem ideia. Apercebi-me disso um dia destes, quando distribuía barro. De repente uma criança, e outra e mais outra exclamaram: o barro cheira a terra!! Em menos de nada toda a turma estava a cheirar o barro e a dizer o mesmo. Espantada, perguntei: Sabem de onde vem o barro? E ninguém sabia responder. Então perguntei de novo: Porque acham que o barro cheira a terra?

Desde então, o meu objectivo era levar estas crianças a um sítio onde pudessem ver como da terra se produz barro. E isso aconteceu recentemente em Montemor-o-Novo.


Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário